Powered By Blogger

Thursday 21 October 2010

Nearly ready to go

Everyone's been telling me that I should keep them up to date with my travels and experiences over the next few months. Now I'm not sure if they're (or should that be you're) actually interested or if just being polite. So.........I thought I'd call the bluff and give this whole blogging thing a try.

And since I can't be sure how much internet access I'll have I thought I'd set it up now - although this may also have something to do with my extensive 'to do' list including the one activity that I hate more than anything else - packing! 

I leave for the trip on Friday evening, landing in Brisbane first thing on Sunday morning. I then get to spend 2 days with my Mom before the first flight for the Solomon Islands. I fly to Munda via the capital Honiara (where I have to stay overnight). In summary, I'll basically be travelling for around 6 days. I will then be spending 6 weeks working at Helena Goldie Hospital - I don't really have any idea what to expect except that it's a small, rural mission hospital. 

We shall see.........exciting!

Nic

PS - the background photo is of a lagoon near the hospital, taken by a member of the Leeming family.......jealous yet?

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes - very, very jealous! We're in for a long, cold winter here. :-(

    DB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy travelling...not jealous of the jet lag and SERIOUS amount of hard work the next 6 weeks will be, followed by just a week of rest whereupon your neice and nephew decend demanding attention on food - will make sure they're on solids good and proper by then and they're all yours.

    Enjoy the next few "relaxing" weeks....

    GB

    ReplyDelete