Powered By Blogger

Monday 25 October 2010

Shopping in Brisbane

Landed in Brisbane yesterday morning, and spent a lovely day fighting off the jet-lag with my Mom. We were joined by old friends (only in terms of how long we've known them) Christine and Taryn and then later by Taryn's boyfriend Lee. It was so good to catch-up with them, but as is always the case with good friends, it only takes about 10 minutes to feel like nothing's changed and we're back in Bulawayo.


I was surprised by how much I like Brisbane as a city! It's far more eclectic than I expected with so much to do and see. Very hot yesterday but I managed to buy a hat, flip-flops and other sun essentials so feel a bit better prepared today. We're going to be doing more touristy stuff today, taking a look at the 'Valentino' exhibition and doing a boat tour along the river - should be great.

I leave for Honiara fairly early tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to my B&B there. It's the Rain tree bed and breakfast and looks like a little beach haven. I'm hoping it's good so I can stay there on the way back. Onwards from there, I'm really not sure what to expect - hopefully I can update this regularly but I may end up having to do it in retrospect once I get back to Australia.

Well that's all from me for a while. Have a good Halloween - oh, and Happy Birthday to Aunty Cha and Mark!

Nic

PS - Tip for all you travellers - going to watch a movie is probably not the best way to try and keep awake when fighting jet-lag. Especially if it's a slow-moving one like 'Eat, Pray, Love'.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nic
    this is a great idea, can't wait to hear all your adventures. Had a look at the hospital's website as well, it looks so sweet, if that is how you could describe a hospital! Will you be staying in Robina House? Loved the part about Pidgin English as well, I got a real kick out of that...What an incredible opportunity for you. well done you. you always were such a high achiever! really looking forward to hearing more.
    lots of love and will be thinking of you
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you weren't flattened by the humidity as you got off the plane in Honiara ? Just don't try to do too much too quickly !
    Joce & I only got home at 6'ish this evening.
    Lots of love
    Mum XX

    ReplyDelete