Powered By Blogger

Friday 19 November 2010

Lobster Night!

Alex has been here for 7 weeks now, and decided early in his trip to organise a lobster dinner at the lodge/hotel because the lobster here is meant to be amazing. Thankfully for Mia and I, he decided to save it till his last week and the date was set for Thursday, and he recruited a few others – Roger (from the Tetepare office), Chere and Brendan (Australian/Ramsay police members stationed here)

ASIDE: For those of you who’ve known me a long time, you may know that I’m not a big fish/seafood eater. I’m conscious of the fact that this is because the variety of fresh fish/seafood available in (landlocked) Zimbabwe when I was growing up, wasn’t great so I never got into the habit of eating it or even being around it. My brother and I were also very fussy eaters so my mom probably couldn’t be bothered to try and force us.
However, I wanted to try and eat more fish when out here because it’s pretty much as fresh as you can get, and the variety is incredible. I have largely succeeded having eaten a LOT while out here and so I felt like lobster would be a new challenge.
So on ‘lobster night’, we all gathered on the deck restaurant at the lodge and waited for our food to arrive. We were not disappointed! We had a wonderful lime and coconut kind of cerviche (sp) dish to start and then the  lobsters were HUGE. I couldn’t even finish mine, but fortunately the boys were kind enough to offer to help me out. So my first lobster experience was a great one and hopefully I can repeat it – although, I have to say I think I preferred the starter. (such  a pleb!)

No comments:

Post a Comment