Powered By Blogger

Sunday 7 November 2010

more water sports...

We (Mia and I) actually decided to go into the water today. We joined the divers at their 3 sites today, and while they went down we stuck to the surface snorkelling and marvelling at the sights below. 
The amount and variety of fish we saw was absolutely incredible. I just wish I knew all the names so that I could tell you all. I know for sure we saw clownfish (Nemofish!!), parrotfish, trumpetfish, and angelfish. Beyond that, I'm a bit useless I'm afraid. 
We saw 4 sharks on the first dive/snorkel - all reef sharks fortunately, but by the end I was getting pretty jumpy. Only 2 on the 2nd one. The 3rd one we only snorkelled for about 15 mins because the fish were a bit deep for us to see properly. Still saw one shark in that time though. 
Personally I believe 7 sharks in a day (even if they're small or supposedly harmless) is plenty and in all honesty, the fewer the better! However, there are a lot of mental people here who seem to think that the more and closer the better, and would probably be enjoying it if a big one came up to them with it's jaws wide open. 
Surface intervals - so divers can prevent 'the bends' - were pretty lovely - we were taken to little beaches on the islands for a snack and some water and a bit of a rest. The 2nd one had a hammock which we all enjoyed!



Oh, and don't worry Mom, I was very careful and made sure I had about an inch of sunblock on every exposed bit of skin. I shall sleep very well tonight though!

3 comments:

  1. Loving the blog Nic. What a place to be! very beautiful. Saw the daring R last night and he is looking well but is clearly missing you big time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pics Nikki. Sasch

    ReplyDelete