Powered By Blogger

Thursday 4 November 2010

Ode to Ants

I have gained a healthy respect for Solomon ants. Not just ordinary ants, these ants are tiny – as in about 1mm in length and are reddish in colour. These ants are talented! I have yet to find a sealed packet that they are unable to penetrate despite having given them several challenges.
I started low with half a packet of biscuits with the packaging rolled over. That was simple and I returned to find hundreds happily feasting on my biscuits. I decided to hand over the biscuits (via the bin) as a reward for their success.
Next I let them have a go at my peanut butter jar. I thought the screw top would be too much for them, but oh no, they managed to walk straight in and start munching. This time I chose to punish them by washing them out.
Then I thought that they couldn’t possibly get through industrially sealed noodle packets. There too, I had hugely underestimated my foe. The punishment in this case was to be thrown into a pot of boiling water. Unfortunately this happened to be the same pot of boiling water that I was putting my noodles into, so I too was issued a punishment - picking them out later.
I have now found the fort knox of the ant world in the form of the fridge. So far so good, but I have learnt to be vigilant with these little fiends!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for not posting a picture :-)
    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete